Quality Assurance & Practice Regulation - A Live Update for Accountants
All ICAEW and ACCA registered firms of chartered accountants are required to comply with the Practice and Quality Standards of their professional body. This seems simple in theory - but the evidence of inspectors is that even simple things often go wrong, as a result of which firms can, and do, face disciplinary fines.
This live broadcast session will appraise you of problem areas of practice regulation and what you need to do to comply. New regulatory requirements will be explained, and an insight provided into hot topics based on the feedback received from ICAEW and ACCA inspectors.
This session is aimed at partners, managers and other staff in professional practice firms with responsibility for practice regulation.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Recent areas of regulatory change and what you need to do to comply
- Aspects of Practice Regulation that often give rise to poor regulatory outcomes and disciplinary penalties and why; and
- How good practice management can increase productivity, work flow and therefore improve job recoveries
- What the new Money Laundering Regulations mean for firms in practice
- IT security and data protection - including the impact of GDPR
- Update on client monies regulations
- 2017 Criminal Finances Act - including the Corporate Tax Offence
- Managing quality control and work flow - what the inspectors are looking for
- Balancing efficiency and effectiveness when managing your practice
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.