Protecting Software Using Patents - Beyond the Basics
It is well known that patenting software-based inventions can be challenging in the UK and Europe.
However, this is a highly dynamic field, and technological developments, together with the rapidly evolving body of case law, creates opportunities for businesses to obtain key protection in growth technology areas.
This new virtual classroom seminar will examine the current position in the UK and Europe regarding software-based inventions in several different technological fields, including gaming, machine learning and AI, computational modelling and simulations, software-based product design, and medical inventions.
The seminar will include detailed discussions of the current legal position in each technical area, with worked examples of successful and unsuccessful claims, approaches, and arguments.
This is relevant to all who may be involved in software-based inventions in the UK and Europe, particularly patent attorneys, IP solicitors, in-house IP managers and legal counsel.
Delegates should have at least a basic understanding of the law surrounding computer implemented inventions before attending this seminar.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Current approaches of the EPO, UKIPO and UK courts in respect of patent applications that involve software-implemented inventions
- Patenting computer-implemented inventions in UK and Europe:
- Business methods and software
- Graphical user interfaces
- Gaming hardware and software
- Machine learning and AI-implemented inventions
- Modelling and software-based product design
- Software-based medical inventions
- Drafting patent applications for software-implemented inventions
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.