Proportionality & Costs for Litigators - A Bite-Sized Update
Since its inception in April 2013 as part of the overriding objective, all costs must be proportionate, and costs which are not proportionate will not be allowed - even if they are necessary and reasonable.
It is therefore vital that both receiving and paying parties understand how the test of proportionality is to be applied, and its likely effect on the costs ultimately awarded for your client.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- The rules, most specifically the CPR 44.3(5) factors, such what is meant by 'sums in issue'
- How budgeting and proportionality work together
- The position in relation to additional liabilities
- Recent approaches by the courts, including:
- Reynolds v One Stop Shop
- May v Wavell
- The leading case of West & Demouiplied 
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Thursday 20th February 2020 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.