Professional Negligence Update - Tricky Problems & More
This course focuses on the elements of professional negligence which are used by defendants to prevent or reduce liability. The implications of recent cases and procedural case strategies will be explored.
If you are looking to improve your skills in making an argument in professional negligence then this course is for you.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- Duties of care - different for more experienced clients?
- The knowing investor
- The scope of the retainer as a defence to the duty in tort
- Assuming responsibility for work outside the retainer
- Work reasonably incidental to the scope of the retainer
- S 61 Trustee Act defences
- Causation - loss of a chance: new principles
- The 'in any event' defence
- Loss - pure economic loss in tort adopts contract principles
- Mitigation - new hurdles for claimants
- Limitation problems
- Constructive knowledge and concealment
- Part 36 offers: new cases
- Disclosure and waiver of privilege
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme