Product Liability & Consumer Protection - The Latest Update
For many years after the Consumer Protection Act 1987 came into force it remained something of an unknown quantity.
There was little EU or domestic case law on many of the key provisions, including on the fundamental question of what was meant by ‘defect’.
More recently, there have been a number of significant cases which have helped shape our understanding of the CPA, but even now some areas remain surprisingly unclear, given that the CPA is now over 30 years old.
This webinar will bring you the latest updates on product liability litigation and consider what impact Brexit might have on the CPA.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Latest EU and domestic case law in relation to the CPA (in particular consideration of the meaning of ‘defect’)
- The role of learned intermediaries
- Causation and the role of statistics
- Artificial intelligence, the internet of things and robotics
- Brexit’s potential impact on the CPA
- Consumer claims under s.41
This webinar was recorded on 24th June 2020