Problem Solving in Commercial Leases - Rent Review
With rent reviews, knowing the law and the cases is only half the battle - practical tips and tactics are also necessary if you are to achieve the best outcome for your client (whether acting for landlord or tenant).
This practical and interactive half-day course, jointly presented by two highly-experienced trainers, will focus entirely on solving everyday problems relating to rent reviews.
Examples will be given and case studies explored but attendees are encouraged to bring their own problems along so that practical solutions can be developed.
You can also attend the morning course which looks at Alienation. Book both sessions and enjoy a complimentary lunch.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- Drafting to avoid onerous provisions that may reduce the rent at review
- Can anything be done about the Energy Act and MEES?
- Arbitrator or expert - which is better, and why?
- Should time be of the essence?
- Practical problems with turnover rents
- Issues with rent review experts: how to spot them & resolve them
- Indexation of rent - tips and traps - can you recognise drafting that causes increases to be compounded?
2:00pm - 5:15pm
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme