Privilege, Disclosure & Part 36 - Recent Developments & Best Practice
Recent decisions have revealed problems with CPR Part 36, privilege and disclosure.
Presented by Helen Swaffield, this is a highly practical course is aimed at highlighting mistakes and prompting good practice.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- Part 36 - new drafting errors to avoid
- The calculation of interest and the prescribed percentage
- Sunset clause tactics
- Withdrawal, amendment and acceptance of offers
- Pointers for settlement agreements
- Calderbank v Part 36 compared
- Disclosure obligations under the new Pilot scheme
- Disclosure applications
- ‘Fruits of the poison tree’ - illegally obtained documents
- Adverse inference cases from deliberate refusal to disclose
- Litigation privilege - the limits to its operation
- Who can give privileged advice?
- Without prejudice - the exceptions
- Discussion of offers and the loss of privilege
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme