Privilege, Disclosure & Part 36 - Recent Developments & Best Practice
Recent decisions have revealed problems with CPR Part 36, privilege and disclosure.
Presented by Helen Swaffield, this is a highly practical course is aimed at highlighting mistakes and prompting good practice.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- Part 36 - new drafting errors to avoid
- The calculation of interest and the prescribed percentage
- Sunset clause tactics
- Withdrawal, amendment and acceptance of offers
- Pointers for settlement agreements
- Calderbank v Part 36 compared
- Disclosure obligations under the new Pilot scheme
- Disclosure applications
- ‘Fruits of the poison tree’ - illegally obtained documents
- Adverse inference cases from deliberate refusal to disclose
- Litigation privilege - the limits to its operation
- Who can give privileged advice?
- Without prejudice - the exceptions
- Discussion of offers and the loss of privilege
10:00am - 4:30pm
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme