Private Equity Funds & Management Buyouts
There is over $1 trillion of private equity funds waiting to be invested. Following the financial crash larger deals are once again back on the agenda with the availability of debt to supplement equity and provide the leverage for value creation. At the same time, private equity fund raising from the institutions has become a faster process. Whilst still being accused of being a secretive industry, the private equity industry is now much more transparent following criticism from government, public and press just prior to the financial crash. If you wish to learn more about private equity funds and management buyout deals this course is for you.
This one-day programme, which is not specifically legally focussed, is designed for lawyers, accountants and other professional advisors who want more of a commercial insight into the fundamentals of the sometimes secretive world of private equity, offers a practical, case-study approach to this often misunderstood industry. The latest trends and current developments and issues in the industry will be discussed.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following topics:
- Global trends in the private equity industry
- Current issues in private equity
- How private equity funds are structured
- The General Partner/Limited Partner relationship
- Raising private equity funds
- The fund cycle/Private Placement Memoranda
- Fund terms and conditions
- Management buyouts - equity/debt structure, creating shareholder value
- Private equity as an asset class
- Liquidity and returns
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme