Private Company Dividends - A Round Up
Using real life examples, this live broadcast session will explore the problematic area of declaring dividends.
This session is suitable for those new to dividends but also for those in need of a refresher and particularly those at ‘the coalface’ dealing with the practical difficulties associated with small owner-managed businesses.
Note: this session only covers legal issues, not accounting or tax issues.
What You Will Learn
This live broadcast session will cover:
- The difference between interim and final dividends
- What directors need to consider when declaring a dividend
- What board minutes should cover and why
- What to do if the dividend was unlawful
- Recent case law and what it means
- Director and shareholder potential liabilities
- Horizon-scanning, including Government proposals to change the dividend framework in their Restoring trust in audit and corporate governance consultation published in March 2021.
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.