Privacy Shield & SCCs - What Next After Schrems II?
The Schrems II judgment has raised many questions regarding the status of the validity of standard contractual clauses and what will happen in the wake of the invalidity of privacy shield.
However, there are more practical issues to consider that arise as the result of the judgment that require careful consideration in the context of business as usual, notably for businesses who operate across multiple jurisdictions or routinely rely on off the shelf software.
This virtual classroom seminar will be practical, with plenty of opportunity for engagement. The aim of the session is to offer instructor led discussion on some of the more difficult issues the judgment raises in a practical, collaborative, multi-disciplinary way.
Its aim is to provide talking points to allow you to continue to shape your own approach to the practical, legal and governance challenges raised by this judgment.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Schrems II - Recap
- Standard Contractual Clauses
- Why SCCs are still an issue
- Conflicts with data localization laws
- Non-EEA Controller transfers
- Practical Issues related to the invalidation of Privacy Shield
- What should you do
- When should you do it
- Brexit and Territorial Scope
- Action Points
- Managing data flows within a global context and conflicts with data localization laws
- Practical privacy issue spotting for commercial negotiations and procurement
- Drafting solutions to include in contracts and SLAs that GDPR doesn’t address
- What to look out for on acquisitions and data deals
- What good diligence looks like
- Why warranties and indemnities don’t always work
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.