Preparing Your Practice for the Briggs Reforms - A Guide for Litigators
New developments that will change the face of litigation are around the corner including the development of Practice Direction 51N.
What will your practice look like? What changes need to be made? How should you begin planning now?
This course is aimed at practice managers, litigators and costs lawyers and will review the latest published position on costs reforms which are due to be finalised in 2020.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- Fixed recoverable costs for intermediate track cases up to £100,000
- 4 bands
- ‘Ring-fenced’ fees
- Streamlined procedure - how does it work? New changes to streamline disclosure
- PI and clinical negligence
- Timescales and consultation
- Implications for your practice
- Changes to extend small claims - the threshold
- PI and housing cases - what will happen
- Fixed recoverable costs in fast track (new limits) - what is included?
- Capped costs up to £250,000 in multi-track and other costs reforms
- The online and digital court - what this means for your practice and its impact
- Unbundled legal services
- Client - solicitor costs working the different funding models
- Fixed fees
- Flexible trials - faster?
- Project planning and work flow delegation ideas
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme