Planning Obligations De-Mystified
This half day course is aimed at professionals with a basic knowledge of planning obligations and section 106 agreements. It involves a practical consideration of the principal issues and how they can be overcome.
At the conclusion of the course you should be able to advise more confidently in respect of the many day to day issues that arise in practice.
The emphasis is on practical issues but due to time constraints it is not possible to cover very detailed drafting points. Nor is it the intention to provide suggested wording.
What You Will Learn
In particular the course will concentrate on the following:
- The Tests for Validity - What do they really entail in light of recent case law? Balancing necessity and dealing with those applicants who wish to offer more in order to obtain permission. Contrasting the approaches taken at application and on appeal
- Parties - Debunking some of the conveyancing myths that have become entrenched in drafting practice. Dealing with unwilling landowners in order to obtain release of the permission
- Heads of Terms and Drafting Pitfalls - Avoiding simple mistakes and overcoming the perceived barriers to ensuring valid planning obligations. Retaining flexibility whilst ensuring certainty
- Costs and Monitoring and Completion - What can and cannot be charged. Practical issues on completion where multiple parties or related land transactions
- Enforcement - What is the attitude of the courts to enforcement? What remedies are available and which are appropriate in any given circumstances?
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme