Planning Law & Practice in Scotland - An Introductory Guide
Planning is about supporting the design and delivery of high-quality, successful places. High-quality places are vital to the social, environmental and economic success of our cities, towns and rural communities.
This live broadcast session will explain the basic principles of planning and will bring you right up to date on the content and implications of the new Planning (Scotland) Act 2019 and how the Act may affect planning and development in Scotland in the future.
It is suitable for planning lawyers and other property professionals.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Objectives of planning law
- The planning system
- Planning process and development management
- Timescales and appeal routes
- Material considerations - new requirements on the horizon?
- Planning Obligations - s75 agreements and s75A variations
- Judicial review and case law update
- Planning (Scotland) Act 2019
- Planning for the future?
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.