Personal Injury Claims in Scotland - February Update
This course will provide you with a comprehensive update on personal injury law in Scotland.
The course will ensure that you are up to date with new case law and how to maximise the value of cases for your clients. It will give you guidance on how to maximise your fees and argue against opposing solicitors' arguments.
You will also learn how the Enterprise Act is affecting how workplace cases are being decided.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- Update on Recent Accident at Work Cases post Enterprise Act
- See how the changes in the law affect the decisions being made
- Ways to try and deal with the case to achieve a successful outcome
- The importance of risk assessment for the employer
- Expenses Update
- Recent cases
- What are the rules for Simple Procedure and is there any way around it?
- Recent Sheriff Court decisions
- Road Traffic Cases
- Recent pedestrian cases
- Person v machine - will the pedestrian always win the case?
- Cycling accidents
- Low velocity cases and how to overcome the arguments
2:00pm - 5:15pm
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme