Personal Injury Claims Arising Out of Discrimination - A Guide for Employment & PI Lawyers
This virtual classroom seminar is aimed at both employment law and personal injury practitioners.
It covers the cross-over areas of the two disciplines and will provide both practical guidance and highlight the potential traps and pitfalls.
The live session is an essential guide for those running high-value discrimination claims with a personal injury element.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- The choice of forum - High Court v Employment Tribunal?
- The discrimination causes of action and the defendants/respondents
- Instruction of medico-legal experts
- Practical tips
- Psychiatrist or psychologist?
- Quantification of personal injury damages
- General damages
- Loss of earnings
- Loss of congenial employment
- Blamire/disadvantage in the open labour market
- The Ogden 8 Tables and Table A to D Reduction Factors
- Divisible and indivisible liabilities and injuries
- The res judicata/issue estoppel traps
- Caselaw update
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.