An Introduction to Peer to Peer Lending 101 - Crowdfunding Debt
This introductory level half day course navigates you through the legal and regulatory minefield around peer-to-peer lending platforms.
First, we explore the business models used and products offered by peer-to-peer platforms. Next, we take a close look at the FCA's new and existing rules and regulations for this sector. We finish with practical structuring advice.
If you want to set up a peer-to-peer lending platform, are an institutional investor looking to invest in or on a platform, or advise platforms on legal and regulatory issues, this course is for you.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- What peer-to-peer lending is, and how it differs to crowdfunding
- Common business models and products found in the peer-to-peer sector
- Article 36H of the Regulated Activities Order in detail
- Regulatory authorisation for platforms and what's involved
- The new rules in effect from December 2019 - the FCA's Policy Statement PS19/14
- The essentials of the financial promotions regime
- How to get started with platform terms and conditions
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme