Payroll & HR Compliance - Current Issues & Future Developments
You may outsource your payroll and therefore heave a sigh of relief that your bureau needs to attend this course not you - sadly that's not the case. You can never outsource compliance and with the government constantly rolling out new legislation despite Brexit, this half day course will provide you with the confidence that your payroll is being run compliantly and you’re getting value for your fees.
It will also enable you to consider the impact on company policies in respect to the move to tax consultants and contractors through PAYE (known as IR35 or off-payrolling), changes to the eligibility and reporting of the Employment Allowance, a new type of NI on termination payments and the introduction of a new statutory payment for bereaved parents and that's just to pick four topics coming into force in April 2020!
Business as usual is also very different since the introduction of RTI. Do you understand the impact of dynamic coding on employees, and the interaction of their earnings' data with benefit payments like universal credit, and how they manage this through their Personal Tax Account?
This course is aimed at professional advisers as well as anyone who employs people in the private, public or voluntary sector. The course presupposes some knowledge of payroll and HR obligations.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
Statutory changes already announced for 2020/21 and a recap on 2019/20 developments
- Deemed workers - paying contractors via RTI in the private sector, from April 2020 and what have we learned from the public sector roll out?
- Tax - Wales breaks away, but not smoothly!
- National Insurance - Class 1A on termination payments
- Workers' rights - holiday pay changes from April 2020
- Statutory Parental Bereavement Pay from April 2020
- NMW - it's not just about low earners, most employers appear to be non-compliant according to HMRC
- Benefits - all change for company cars
- Dynamic coding, personal tax accounts and universal credit
Quick Quiz - Test Your Knowledge: Just click Payroll
2:00pm - 5:15pm
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme