Payroll & HR Compliance - Current Issues & Future Developments
You may outsource your payroll and therefore heave a sigh of relief that your bureau needs to attend this course not you - sadly that's not the case. You can never outsource compliance and with the government constantly rolling out new legislation despite Brexit, this half day course will provide you with the confidence that your payroll is being run compliantly and you’re getting value for your fees.
It will also enable you to consider the impact on company policies in respect of changes to optional remuneration arrangements, the move to tax consultants and contractors through PAYE, the introduction of Welsh income tax and the recent significant changes to the taxation of termination payments and that's just to pick four topics from a very long list of new employer obligations.
Business as usual is also very different since the introduction of RTI. Do you know how to check your HMRC business account - agents can't do that for you! And are you aware of all the changes already announced to payroll obligations for 2019/20? With dynamic coding live since July 2017 employees need to understand the interaction of their earnings data with benefit payments like universal credit and how they manage these through their Personal Tax Account.
This course is aimed at professional advisers as well as anyone who employs people in the private, public or voluntary sector. The course presupposes some knowledge of payroll and HR obligations.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
Statutory changes already announced for 2019/20 and a recap on 2018/19 developments
- Deemed workers - paying contractors via RTI in the private sector, from April 2020, and what have we learned from the public sector roll out?
- Tax - Wales breaks away
- National Insurance - new type in 2019?
- New student loan deductions for postgraduate loans from April 2019
- NMW - it’s not just about low earners, most employers appear to be non-compliant according to HMRC
- Pensions - preparing for the next statutory increase in 2019 and at least 30 pension providers disappearing from the market this year - will this affect you
- Benefits - all change for childcare, optional remuneration arrangements and new P11D calculations
- Dynamic coding, personal tax accounts and business tax accounts
Quick Quiz - Test Your Knowledge: Just click Payroll
9:30am - 12:45pm
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme