Payroll Expenses & Benefits Workshop
Over the last year HMRC's attention has turned small and medium employers and their treatment and reporting of expenses and benefits. So this workshop covers the current rules on the provision of benefits in kind and handling of employee's expenses as well as the voluntary payrolling of benefits that began in April 2016 and the restrictions on salary sacrifice from April 2017.
This course is aimed at payroll managers/supervisors and practice managers who oversee payroll or compliance, as well as HR and finance teams who are involved in reward policies and/or the payment of expenses.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- The law and deadlines that apply to expenses and benefits processing
- How to determine the appropriate treatment for a benefit or expense
- Qualifying business expenses
- Statutory exemptions
- Candidates for a PAYE Settlement Agreement (PSA)
- Expenses and benefits that are reported on the P11D
- Expenses and benefits that are reported as taxable via the P11D but subject to NI through the payroll
- Understand the impact of the way that benefits are provided on the taxable benefit calculation
- Consider the 14 sections of the P11D and the tips and traps associated with each
Quick Quiz - Test Your Knowledge: Just click Payroll