Payroll Expenses & Benefits Workshop - Live at Your Desk
Many employers have had to adapt to new ways of working in 2020 and not just during lockdown. Inevitably more homeworking means a rethink on expenses and benefits and a need to understand both the current rules and the changes introduced by HMRC to respond to COVID-19.
This live broadcast session covers the current rules on the provision of benefits in kind and handling of employees' expenses as well as the voluntary payrolling of benefits that began in April 2016 and the restrictions on salary sacrifice from April 2017.
This live broadcast session is aimed at payroll managers/supervisors and practice managers who oversee payroll or compliance, as well as HR and finance teams who are involved in reward policies and/or the payment of expenses.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive broadcast will cover the following:
- How COVID-19 affected benefits and expenses
- The law and deadlines that apply to expenses and benefits processing
- How to determine the appropriate treatment for a benefit or expense
- Qualifying business expenses
- Statutory exemptions
- Candidates for a PAYE Settlement Agreement (PSA)
- Expenses and benefits that are reported on the P11D
- Expenses and benefits that are reported as taxable via the P11D but subject to NI through the payroll
- Understand the impact of the way that benefits are provided on the taxable benefit calculation
- Consider the 14 sections of the P11D and the tips and traps associated with each
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.