Patent Strategy & Prosecution - How to Obtain the Outcome You Want
Start-ups, universities, SMEs, or multinational corporations - all patent applicants face the same question: how to use the patent system to obtain the desired commercial outcome.
Patent laws are relatively harmonised worldwide, yet some users lack an appreciation of how fundamental features - such as territoriality, priority, and patentability - as well as more particular aspects of patenting inventions - such as provisional protection, acceleration, and divisional/continuation practice - can be used to maximise benefits and reduce costs.
This new virtual classroom seminar will explore how to make the patent system work for the objectives of a business, from inception through to prosecution, grant and any post-grant activities, with examples and case studies.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- How to set up a suitable filing strategy
- How to proactively (rather than reactively) prosecute patents to grant
- How and when to accelerate, or delay, the processing of patent applications
- Game not over - when to file divisional and/or continuation applications
- Attacking pending applications or granted patents
- How to handle large patent portfolios
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.