Partnerships, Estates & Taxes - A Practical Guide
This virtual classroom seminar will provide you with a summary of the issues surrounding the death of members of LLPs and partners in 1890 Act partnerships.
We will look at the legal and tax position and how to draft LLP/partnership agreements and wills to best look after your clients’ interests.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive broadcast will cover the following:
- What death does to the firm/LLP and to partnership/membership
- What part of a member’s/partner’s share can be gifted?
- Devolution of title
- Sums due to the estate
- The estate’s liability for business losses
- Relevant IHT reliefs (i.e. APR and BPR)
- How the above issues affect drafting of partnership/LLP agreements
- How the above issues affect drafting of wills
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.