Parental Orders & Surrogacy Arrangements - A Masterclass
Applications for parental orders require careful preparation and this course will focus on practical hints and tips to aid best practice and achieve successful outcomes.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- Who are the child's legal parent(s) and why is this important?
- What are you trying to achieve for your clients and is the solution an application for a parental order?
- What are the requirements of section 54 HFEA 2008?
- Parental order applications arising from international surrogacy arrangements:
- When the application must be made
- Domicile requirements: what questions to ask clients and what evidence to obtain
- The issue of financial compensation, and what evidence the Court will expect in order to consider retrospective authorisation
- How to seek a parental order from the Court: the procedural nuts and bolts
- Recent case-law and lessons learned
- The future of parental orders and potential for reform
2:00pm - 5:15pm
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme