PAYE Modernisation in Ireland - A Guide for Payroll Personnel
PAYE modernisation has operated in real time in the Republic of Ireland since 1 January 2019. This resulted in a significant change for employers and agents.
The legislation for the changes to the PAYE system is in place since the passing of the 2017 Finance Act and some changes have already been introduced.
This course will look at how the new system is operating and discuss common problems that arise and how these can be resolved. It will also look at revenue guidance on what is regarded as an employee for Irish tax purposes and is aimed at all payroll personnel and payroll agents.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- Overview of PAYE modernisation for employers and dealing with common issues that arise
- PAYE modernisation for employees - how to view pay and tax details
- Employed v self-employed - the tests used by the Irish Revenue authorities
- PRSI classification of company directors
- Changes in 2019 following Finance Act 2018
- Pitfalls to avoid
- Employment related issues following the Finance Act 2018
- Social welfare 2018 changes that affect employment issues
2:00pm - 5:15pm
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme