Optimising Costs Recovery in Civil LAA Certified Work
This new virtual classroom seminar will help you to ensure that what you undertake in advancing your client’s case, you are able to optimise in your costs recovery from the Legal Aid Agency (‘LAA’), or your opponent, by way of inter partes costs.
The session will consider work you undertake that is often left out and will look at the often-considered question ‘what and how much can be charged for this piece of work?’
It will advise on effective case management, enhancement of costs and ensuring work is compliant with the scope of the PFC. The session will also provide practical tips on how to optimise the recovery.
It is suitable for those who undertake civil legal aid certificated work.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- What can you charge for a piece of work? Case management skills to substantiate the claim for costs
- LAA Costs Assessment Guidance - salient points to optimise your costs recovery
- Enhancement on costs - the requirements needed to fulfil the specification requirements
- Commonly missed items from certificated files - how to obtain information needed to identify items often omitted when working on files and needed to support your claim for costs
- Statutory Charge - when the statutory charge is applicable and what is needed to ensure that the lay client is aware of the same
- Prior authority - to ensure you can recover those costs
- Practical considerations
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.