Montgomery & Informed Consent - Where Are We Now?
This virtual classroom seminar will consider the issues arising where informed consent to treatment may be an issue.
It is suitable for both claimant and defendant advisors and will cover the key points which arise in these complex and demanding cases.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- The law made in Montgomery v Lanarkshire and developments since
- The factual evidence required to substantiate or refute a claim
- Potential issues with mental incapacity
- The usefulness and otherwise of experts; what is a matter of fact and what is medicine?
- Worked examples to assess whether or not consent has been obtained
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.