Modest Asset Cases - A Guide for Family Lawyers in Scotland
Family law clients are increasingly cost sensitive. Even more so in cases involving modest assets which can still involve legal complexities requiring solicitor input.
This course aims to provide practical examples and top tips to help clients in modest assets cases, dealing with parties representing themselves and ensuring the work is being undertaken cost effectively.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- A review of the Family Law (Scotland) Act 1985
- Identifying and valuing assets
- First meeting and follow up
- Tricky Issues - source of funds, unequal sharing, obtaining vouching
- Fixed Fees - pros and cons
- Scoping out the work
- Dealing with Party Litigants
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme