Millennials & Generation Z - Recruiting, Managing & Retaining Your Youngest Talent
Even though workforces are often 5G - with five generations all working at the same time - it is our youngest talent, Millennials and Generation Z, who are really taking over the world. Millennials - now aged mid-20s to 40 - are already the largest cohort in the global workforce, amounting to 50%. As for Generation Z - aged between 16 and mid-20s at work today - they are a huge cohort which is entering employment in their millions.
Whilst the oldest Millennials are climbing the corporate ladder into management and leadership roles, the youngest Millennials and the oldest Gen Z have aspirations and demands that are very different from older generations.
Covid has made things worse. Our youngest talent has been the most badly hit by stalled education, disappearing job roles and lost internships, apprenticeships, and career opportunities. As the global economies recover, the loyalty, engagement and productivity of these young workers is repositioning itself.
Are organisations ready to employ and deploy this huge cohort of workers? Can organisations manage the seemingly confusing issues around the desire for the latest technology, yet regular human contact and feedback? How do you help someone who is entrepreneurial balance the need for job security and a career?
This virtual classroom seminar is aimed at all leaders and managers who are tasked with hiring, managing, and retaining young Millennials and Generation Z. If you want to maximise their productivity and performance, you will need to work out how best to attract, recruit, engage and motivate them, or risk losing them to your competition.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- The key differences between the five generations in today's UK workplaces
- The three factors that impact each generation's way of interacting, communicating and working
- Three myths about your youngest talent in the workforce
- The top six demands of young talent when they go after a job
- The four factors that disengage young talent and make them want to leave
- The six challenges young talent face at work
- Hacks for recruiting Millennials and Generation Z and becoming more attractive than your competition
- Hacks for engaging and retaining Millennials and Generation Z to maximise their performance and contribution
9:30am - 4:30pm
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme