Menopause at Work - A Guide for Employers & HR Professionals
Gradually, over recent years, the demographic of the workplace has changed, and more women are working full time up to their retirement. With the increasing number of women of menopausal age in the workplace this has made the topic one of more relevance to employers.
A recent preliminary hearing in the Employment Tribunal, Daley v Optiva 2021, has concluded that the menopause can amount to a disability as defined in the Equality Act 2010.
Ideal for HR professionals and those with line management responsibility, this short webinar will explore the issues surrounding the menopause, the responsibilities of the employer and the policies and procedures that employers should be putting in place to address the support of women.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- What it is
- The symptoms and problems that women might experience
- The duty of care to the employee
- What the duty of care requires the employer to do
- Appropriate support for women
- Menopause as a disability
- The definition of a disability
- Recent case law
- Policies and procedures
- What should be included in a policy?
- Education and training for managers
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Monday 20th September 2021 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.
at your organisation