Maximising Charitable Donations - A Guide to Gift Aid & Payroll Giving
Gift aid is another form of fundraising and can increase the value of charitable donations by 25%. Maximising how it can be claimed is important to any charity.
This webinar will help viewers to identify how to make best use of gift aid and the small donations scheme as fundraising mechanisms and how to avoid HMRC bear traps that would otherwise catch them out.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Reminder of the basic gift aid rules
- What is required for a gift aid donation to work and associated bear traps to avoid
- Detailed explanations around the gift aid declaration
- Donor benefits rules - what benefits can be given without compromising gift aid and how to value them
- Gift aid on unusual items including auctions, shops, challenge events, supporter fundraising and viewing charity property - again with bear traps and how to avoid them
- Gift aid small donations scheme - detailed explanation of the rules and how they have evolved
- How to get the most out of the gift aid and small donations scheme
- Bear traps and how to avoid them
- Payroll giving - the unsung hero of giving
- Donor benefits and payroll giving - limits and workarounds