Manager as Coach? A Toolkit for Business
Can a manager be a coach?
Many organisations think so, and embrace a coaching management style as a more positive and effective alternative to the traditional ‘command and control’ approach.
The key benefits include creating a supportive yet challenging environment; enabling individuals and teams to sustain high performance; and empowering and developing team members to be engaged and take responsibility for their actions and goals.
This interactive and practical one-day workshop will introduce the key coaching skills that managers can use and share ideas on how to develop a coaching management culture. Delegates will have an opportunity to practice coaching and receive feedback to build into a personal action plan.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- Traditional manager v ‘manager as coach’ - the key differences and benefits
- Core coaching skills - active listening, powerful questioning and goal-setting
- Popular coaching models and structures, including the GROW Model
- Practice session and feedback
- Developing a ‘coaching management style’ within a broader organisational culture
- Reflection and action planning
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme