Limiting Liability Under Consultant Appointments
This webinar will look at the ways in which a consultant may limit its liability under the terms of its appointment, the market approach to exemption clauses, and important considerations when agreeing to net contributions clauses and collateral warranties.
This webinar is aimed at all consultants who wish to develop their understanding as to how liability can be capped and otherwise limited under standard forms of appointment.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- How can exemption clauses be used to cap liability?
- Capping liability
- Excluding types of liability, e.g. indirect/consequential losses and/or loss not covered by PI insurance (e.g. pollution/contamination/asbestos)
- The impact of a net contribution clause on a consultant's liability
- The pitfalls of collateral warranties/Third Party Rights Act
- Protection from statutory limitation periods