Legal Aid in Asylum & Immigration Cases - The Key Principles
All asylum cases and some immigration cases remain in scope of Legal Aid.
A solid understanding of the Legal Aid Agency’s requirements will ensure successful audits, efficient work, and the best possible outcomes for your clients.
This new virtual classroom seminar is designed for legal professionals who wish to have an introduction to or consolidation of the basic principles of running a legally aided case.
What You Will Learn
This live an interactive session will cover the following:
- How to assess the three essential factors - scope, merits, and means at all stages of the case
- Evidence of means and disposable income - checklists to ensure all evidence is in order
- Controlled work forms - ensuring your files are audit-ready
- Fixed-fee cases and hourly-rate cases - understanding the difference
- Escape fee applications
- Disbursements and extensions - understanding the CW3 form
- Refusing/withdrawing Controlled Legal Representation - understanding the CW4 form
- Exceptional case funding
- For advanced work, applying for funding certificates with the Legal Aid Agency
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.