Leasehold Enfranchisement Valuation - A Whistlestop Tour
Leasehold enfranchisement valuation is often considered a ‘dark art’. The current legislation is complex, and interesting valuation conundrums (and traps!) arise from that.
This virtual classroom seminar will run through the basis of the existing valuations, including lease extensions on flats (with and without marriage value) and simple collective enfranchisements, explaining the principles and factors involved.
Legislative reform is in the pipeline. This session will also explore what the potential reforms might change and the effect on the premium. We will also consider how to advise clients on the reforms, and whether it is better to proceed now or wait.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- The basics of leasehold reform valuations
- Lease extension over 80 years unexpired
- Lease extension under 80 years unexpired
- Using comparable evidence to value the short lease
- Collective enfranchisement examples, including valuations with non-participant flats
- A review of the proposed reforms, and the effect on the premium payable
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.
Added to basket
Learn Live | 16.11.2023
N/A | 11:30am - 1:00pm
Leasehold Enfranchisement Valuation - A Whistlestop TourCheckout