Lease Renewals - Practical Solutions to the Tricky Problems
The Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 is so much a part of the commercial property landscape that it’s natural to think of it as pure routine. But scratch the surface and you’re reminded that it is a highly technical piece of legislation, and there can be a lot of complexity involved in the way it operates.
This live broadcast session examines some knotty issues in depth and will be of benefit both to surveyors engaged in lease renewal work and also to commercial property lawyers, whether dealing with lettings or litigation.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- What is meant by business occupation?
- Franchise arrangements and security of tenure
- Shop-and-flat leases - which scheme of security applies, and can it change?
- Which landlord is the relevant one for the renewal process?
- Can you be held to terms stated in notices or court documents?
- Assessment of rent - not the same as a rent review
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.