Leadership for Senior Managers - A Guide for FCA Authorised Firms under SMCR - Live with Julie Ampadu
Leading effectively requires more than knowledge of SMCR requirements.
It requires the skill of leadership.
The FCA tells us that knowledge, skills and behaviours should be assessed on a regular basis and this should be in evidence within your continued professional development records. Good leadership skills will serve to promote good culture and better outcomes for your customers; something that the FCA encourages. Within a new regulatory environment under the SMCR, senior managers need to be best placed to develop and utilise these skills for the best effect.
This new live broadcast session is aimed at individuals classed as senior managers within FCA authorised firms under SMCR.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive broadcast will cover the following:
- The functions of an effective leader
- Is ‘leading’ the same as ‘managing’?
- Leadership styles - knowledge and application
- Key attributes, skills and behaviours of successful leaders
- Training and competence requirements for leaders
- The leadership role under SMCR and beyond
- Leadership practice and self-assessment
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.