Law Firm Regulation 2020-2021 - A Year in Review
With the introduction of the new Standards and Regulations at the end of 2019, 2020 was poised to be a busy year for COLPs and COFAs as they considered the new regulatory standards and potential new ways of working for their firm.
COVID-19 will have changed that picture for many firms, but as staff may return to work later in the year, now is a good time to review the year 2020/2021 in regulation.
We will look at some of the major regulatory developments for SRA firms in 2020/2021, and provide a reminder of some key changes arising as a result of the introduction of the Standards and Regulations 2019.
This session is aimed at COLPs and COFAs, and anyone working in a compliance environment.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- A summary of the Standards and Regulations 2019, supporting guidance, and highlights for implementation within your firm
- A discussion of the regulatory year in review, including:
- COVID-19 and regulatory compliance, including financial stability
- Brexit and regulatory changes
- A discussion of personal and professional compliance following the decision in SRA v Beckwith
- The latest Legal Sector Affinity Group AML guidance and the governance cross overs for COLPs and COFAs
- The transparency rules - The SRA’s latest thematic review
This webinar was recorded on 8th July 2021
at your organisation