Lateral Anti Money Laundering - Identifying Patterns & Trends To Protect Your Law Firm
Under Regulation 24 of the Money Laundering Regulations 2017, firms should regularly train their staff to spot both transactions and other issues or activities which may be linked to money laundering.
File reviews, other audit functions, and even the Money Laundering Regulations themselves, often focus on following the typical steps of a transaction rather than looking at the full scope of the business and where attempts on the firm could be made. With a focus on known patterns and trends, firm weaknesses to scams, and potential lines of defence in the firm, this virtual classroom seminar outlines methods and techniques to take a sideways look at your firm and supply chains, with the aim of identifying issues you might otherwise miss and strengthening your internal defences.
What you will learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- The relevant requirements in the Money Laundering Regulations 2017 covering training audit functions and a discussion of the overall focus of the regulations
- How to map your firm and supply chains
- AML considerations in each area of the business along with known issues and scams
- Audit and investigative techniques, which identify and examine:
- Groups of files
- Circumstances arising across the business
- Situations which arise externally, but impact the business
- Ideas for policies and procedures to tackle the above issues, and build your protection against the above issues
Quick Quiz - Test Your Knowledge: Money Laundering
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.