Land Transactions Involving Charities - The Key Issues
This webinar will cover the many distinct legal issues that are thrown up by property transactions involving charities, and will provide an update on the direction of travel for the law in this area, following the publication of the Law Commission report in September 2017.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- How to identify when land is held by a charity?
- What steps must a charity selling land take?
- What to check if you are buying land from a charity?
- How to deal with land in a charity merger
- What the risks are for trustees if they get it wrong following Bayoumi v Women's Total Abstinence Educational Union Ltd and the Charity Commission inquiry into the Spiritualist Association of Great Britain
- What changes will a new Charities Act make?
- When do you need to involve the Charity Commission?
This webinar was recorded on 20th June 2018