Key Principles in Business Crime & Investigations - Live at Your Desk
The discovery of a potentially criminal problem can be a serious threat to an organisation’s reputation and business. Business crime is high on the enforcement agenda across the globe and recent deferred prosecution agreements in the UK show that penalties are on the rise.
No organisation is immune from the potential for misconduct and the associated criminal and regulatory implications. If an issue is discovered, understanding how to investigate it internally and interact with relevant authorities will ensure that you put your best foot forward.
This virtual classroom seminar will provide a summary of the key offences and enforcement landscape and will address, based on real-world examples, the key issues that can arise in an internal investigation.
This live session will be suitable for litigators, corporate lawyers, in-house lawyers, white collar/business crime lawyers and compliance officers.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
Business Crime Landscape
- Overview of criminal authorities
- Key business crime offences
- Themes from investigations and enforcement in practice
- Outlook on investigations and enforcement
Responding to a Problem
- Overview of immediate response and overarching strategic considerations
- Running an internal investigation
- Beginning an investigation
- The fact-finding exercise
- Conducting interviews
- Protecting legal professional privilege
- Interacting with the authorities
- Self-reporting and other disclosure obligations
- Investigative powers and responding to compulsory requests
- External interviews
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.