Jurisdiction in IP Disputes - Enforcing Rights Post Brexit
This new webinar covers jurisdiction in intellectual property disputes following Brexit. It will consider which claims can be brought in the UK or in the EU, also considering intra-UK jurisdiction issues.
If you are involved with management and enforcement of IP rights this webinar will be of value to ensure you understand the new jurisdiction rules following Brexit.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Where can you sue for IP infringement occurring in the EU 27 Member States?
- What impact does Brexit have on the effect of jurisdiction/governing law clauses?
- Can you seek preliminary injunctions/interim interdicts in a country other than the one nominated to have exclusive jurisdiction?
- Will Brexit sink the ‘Italian Torpedo’?
- What is the jurisdiction of the Unified Patent Court following Brexit?
- Which of the Rome I and II, Recast Brussels, Lugano Conventions now apply for UK disputes?
- What are the risks of UK v EU 27 parallel proceedings post-Brexit?
- Recognition and enforcement of UK and EU judgments
- Website targeting - where can you sue for sales made through a website?
- Intra-UK jurisdiction - when can/must you sue in Edinburgh or London?
- Does forum non conveniens still exist?
This webinar was recorded on 23rd February 2021
at your organisation