Judicial Review - A Step by Step Guide with Louis Browne QC
In recent years judicial review has been used more widely by commercial parties to challenge a variety of public law decisions, from EU directives and primary legislation, to the decisions of regulatory authorities, both statutory and non-statutory.
Many local authority decisions are appealed by way of judicial review making it essential that solicitors in local authority legal departments and those in private practice, are up-to-speed in this important area of law and practice.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- The scope and grounds for judicial review
- Human rights - recent cases and future challenges
- The right to a fair hearing
- Procedures and time limits - crucial for bringing a claim
- Systematic challenges - identifying judicially-reviewable points
- Costs in judicial review
2:00pm - 5:15pm
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme