Judicial Review - A Step by Step Guide with Louis Browne QC
In recent years judicial review has been used more widely by commercial parties to challenge a variety of public law decisions, from EU directives and primary legislation, to the decisions of regulatory authorities, both statutory and non-statutory.
Many local authority decisions are appealed by way of judicial review making it essential that solicitors in local authority legal departments and those in private practice, are up-to-speed in this important area of law and practice.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- The scope and grounds for judicial review
- Human rights - recent cases and future challenges
- The right to a fair hearing
- Procedures and time limits - crucial for bringing a claim
- Systematic challenges - identifying judicially-reviewable points
- Costs in judicial review
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme