Job Retention Scheme Phase 2 & COVID-19 SSP Rebate - A Guide for Payroll Professionals
We have just about got used to the rules around the CJRS and yet we know, from the 1 July, it is all about to change. The Chancellor surprised everybody by bringing forward the ability to flexibly furlough to the 1 July, and then is tapering off support from the 1 August to the end of the scheme in October.
We have also been able to claim back COVID-19 related SSP since the 26 May, and with people being required to quarantine for 14 days if they come into the UK from a European holiday this will continue to be an SSP issue.
Guidance on phase 2 of the scheme is only being released on the 12 June 2020. This webinar will inform you about what you need to know to make the most of the last four months of the scheme.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- What are the differences in phase 2 of the CJRS?
- Which employees can you claim for, and which employers are still entitled to claim?
- How much must the employee receive 1 July - 31 October
- Interaction with phase 1 of the CJRS
- What are the employment law issues?
- Holiday pay
- Family related leave
- Sick leave
- Redundancy and notice
- How do we handle national minimum wage alongside flexible furloughing?
- OpRa (salary sacrifice) considerations
- The new ‘hours worked/not worked’ reporting regime
- How does the scheme taper off?
- Who can we recover SSP for?
- How to make an SSP rebate claim
This webinar was recorded on 25th June 2020