JCT Design & Build Contracts - A Guide to Best Practice
This full day course covers a number of specific elements relating to the JCT Design and Build form of Contract and how to ensure best contractual management.
The focus will be on how to manage the 2016 form, looking at how to advise a client, be it employer side or contractor and supply chain teams. It will highlight what you should look out for to ensure compliance with the contract and manage risk through appointment and members of the supply chain.
This course shall also highlight key areas of risk that each party should be aware of when embarking or tendering for a JCT project. There will also be guidance on what to look out for in relation to certain types of insurance, warranties and bonds.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- Introduction to the different forms of JCT: What are the differences and risk of each form
- Alternatives to Design and Build
- Managing risk and design responsibility for D&B 2016 contracts
- Updates on recent case law and implications on insurances
- Contract administration: payment (and getting paid)
- How the payment mechanisms of a JCT contract work and what pitfalls to watch out for
- Claims for time and money: How does the JCT work when claiming for time and money (and what do you need to do and what do you need to show?)
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme