JCT Design & Build Contracts - A Guide to Best Practice Live at Your Desk
This live broadcast session covers a number of specific elements relating to the JCT Design & Build form of contract and how to ensure best contractual management.
The focus will be on how to manage the 2016 form, looking at how to advise a client, be it employer side or contractor and supply chain teams. It will highlight what you should look out for to ensure compliance with the contract and manage risk through appointment and members of the supply chain.
This session shall also highlight key areas of risk that each party should be aware of when embarking or tendering for a JCT project. There will also be guidance on what to look out for in relation to certain types of insurance, warranties and bonds.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- A brief summary of the impacts of COVID-19 and how these are dealt with under the JCT DB, looking at this from the perspective of the employer and contractor
- Introduction to the different forms of JCT: What are the differences and risk of each form
- Alternatives to Design & Build
- Managing risk and design responsibility
- Updates on recent case law and implications on insurances
- Contract administration: payment (and getting paid)
- How the payment mechanisms work and what pitfalls to watch out for
- Claims for time and money: How does the contract work when claiming for time and money (and what do you need to do and what do you need to show?)
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.