International Commercial Agreements - The Nuts & Bolts - Live at Your Desk
Brexit is likely to generate opportunities for businesses willing to embrace the changing landscape.
Terrific opportunities, but also formidable challenges, face businesses investing overseas. Engaging in cross-border operations is not necessarily more difficult, but it is certainly different. Understanding how things work is, invariably, essential.
Different entry strategies are available to businesses looking to expand overseas (into, and outside, the EU). These strategies are pivotal in light of the Withdrawal Talks ('Brexit Talks') between the UK government and the EU-27, in the aftermath of the Brexit vote.
This virtual classroom seminar will cover the different routes to cross-border expansion and investment alongside their respective concerns. The impact of Brexit will be discussed in this context, and the different outcomes explored. Reference will be made to the legal instruments governing cross-border disputes, touching on jurisdiction, choice of law, and the recognition and enforcement of foreign judgements.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will consider and assess one or more international commercial agreements. Exploring key contractual provisions in these agreements, and assessing the concerns of each contracting party, it will also consider the strategies available to the parties during the drafting and negotiation stages.
The session aims to help delegates:
- Model strategies for overseas investment and expansion
- Anticipate and plan for changes in the political landscape
- Develop an advanced knowledge of business law at the European and international levels
- Critically assess the different provisions of cross-border agreements
- Mitigate risks in cross-border transactions
By the end of this session, delegates should be able to:
- Critically review international commercial agreements
- Determine the clauses in such agreements required to improve the protection of the clients' interests
- Negotiate international contracts more effectively
- Address and advise on cross-jurisdictional issues and on applicable international and European Law
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.