Interim Possession Orders - Live at Your Desk
In March 2020 Practice Direction 51Z was introduced to respond to the coronavirus pandemic. It provided that all proceedings for possession under CPR Part 55 (including evictions) were to be stayed for a period of 90 days. On the face of it, the stay caught claims against trespassers.
One month later, on 20 April the position was amended to include three exceptions to the eviction moratorium.
The stay does not now apply to:
- A claim against trespassers to which rule 55.6 applies
- An application for an interim possession order under Section III of Part 55, including the making of such an order, the hearing required by rule 55.25(4), and any application made under rule 55.28(1); or
- An application for case management directions which are agreed by all the parties
One of the exceptions is interim possession orders.
Used much less frequently than the usual Part 55 possession procedure, this live broadcast session will bring you up to speed.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- What is an IPO?
- In what circumstances is an IPO available?
- The procedure to get one
- The consequences of breaching an IPO
- Practical advice on obtaining an IPO
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.