Intellectual Property & Fashion - The Latest Update
With more fashion and design-related cases going through the courts than ever, coupled with recent key changes to UK copyright and design laws and Brexit looming, this course will provide the very latest developments in fashion design law.
By attending this course you will be able to:
- Know how to respond to a cease and desist letter alleging an infringement
- Decide on the best form of protection for new designs
- Understand the jurisdictional issues where products are sold throughout the EU
- Learn the tactical options available to pursue or defend an infringement claim
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- The most recent design cases
- The new groundless threats laws which came into force on 1 October 2017
- The effect of the changes to UK design rights following the Intellectual Property Act 2014
- Revived copyright in artistic works
- Can registered designs still provide effective protection following the Supreme Court's ruling in the Trunki case?
- The role played by trade marks in fashion design protection
- What should be done to plan for a post-Brexit world and the loss of Community design rights for the UK?
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme