Intellectual Property Ownership - Key Risks & Common Pitfalls
Intellectual property is a valuable asset for all businesses and companies. Whether this is a key brand or a critical invention, the value of these intellectual property rights, not simply in monetary terms, can be of significant importance to a business. It is for this reason that the ownership of intellectual property is key so as to ensure that businesses enjoy the benefit of owning these valuable rights.
This 3 hour seminar will examine and explore the topic of ownership of intellectual property across the full spectrum of intellectual property rights. The seminar will summarise the position regarding the ownership of all forms of intellectual property under English law. Further it will consider the ownership of intellectual property in various different contexts, for example, the employer/employee relationship and the ownership of intellectual property when it is created by a third party on behalf of another.
This seminar aims to assist anyone who deals with the topic of ownership of intellectual property and the commissioning and contracting of third party design and development. It will seek to improve understanding of the law regarding the ownership of intellectual property and highlight some common pitfalls. It is aimed at practitioners with a basic to intermediary understanding of intellectual property law
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- The legal position in relation to the ownership of all intellectual property rights
- The ownership of intellectual property rights in different contexts, for example ownership of intellectual property in an employer/employee relationship and ownership of intellectual property created by third parties
- Common contracting points to be mindful of in agreements dealing with the creation and ownership of intellectual property
- Dealing with IP in the context of a transaction and IP as a form of security
- Identifying key risks and common pitfalls to be mindful of in this area
2:00pm - 5:15pm
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme